Learn how to access the Elden Ring’s Central Hub area.
Warning: This article contains early spoilers for Elden Ring.
Elden Ring has a central area similar to the Nexus of Demon’s Souls and the Firelink Shrine of Dark Souls 3. This node area is called the round table. You can enter this hub at any time to upgrade your weapons and spirits, buy adventure items, and complete NPC quests.
Very early in the playthrough, if you’re in a hurry, you can unpend the roundtable in the first hour. This quick guide describes how to unlock the round table hold. This is a path that can be unlocked almost immediately. Here’s a quick overview of what’s in the central area of Elden Ring.
We’ve updated this guide with helpful videos that show you exactly how to hold a roundtable. Be careful there, stained glass!
How To Unlock Roundtable Hold In Elden Ring
Unlock the roundtable by resting in one of two Shrines of Grace.
- Stormvale Main Gate: Unlocked after defeating the fell Omen Margit,
- Lake Facing Rocks: Located just north of Stormvale Castle, usually accessed after defeating Godrick.
Take a break at the temple and start a conversation with Melina. She will ask you to attend the roundtable. You can’t say no, so please accept her request.
If you don’t want to spend hours fighting Godrick soldiers, there is a much faster way to unlock this node area. Follow the north path of the Stormhill hut until you reach the bridge. Get off the rubble at the end of the bridge to access the narrow road on the cliff. Follow the path until you reach the Shrine of Grace. Don’t make a mistake. Rest at the shrine and unlock the round table.
Fast travel to the round table
Unlocking the round table hold will only allow access through fast travel. Round Table is placed in the lower left corner of the map as a table of the Lost Grace Shrine. You can fast travel to this area at any time as long as you aren’t actively clearing a dungeon or in a battle.
What’s In Roundtable Hold?
Roundtables have some important features that are worth unlocking at the beginning of the game.
- Weapon Upgrades: Blacksmiths can upgrade their weapons to levels far beyond what is possible in the Church of Elleh.
- Spirit Tuning: After a short NPC quest, you can increase the power of Spirit Ash.
- Incantation Merchant: NPC Merchant sells faith spells.
- Hugs: NPCs here can hug you. That should be a good reason to go RoundTable Hold.